3 Utilisateurs
0 Likes
1,822 Vu
jaro
 jaro
(@jaro)
Eminent Member
Début du sujet  

All the best wishes to everyone for the year 2009 !

I saw a new message from mr. Roger Leloup posted by Emilia on this site today (January 1, 2009). Since my French is very limited, I tried to translate the text with the help of the internet site: http://ets.freetranslation.com/ and http://translation.babylon.com/French/to-English . Since this is a very limited translation opportunity, I tried to correct it myself on a few positions. Can anyone help me in translating this words from mr. Leloup ?

"Dear all, and all… At this first New Year's Day my best wishes accompany you and stay with you the whole year… Here a small message of Roger…

Emilia

Small decisions for 2009.

Thank you to all and to all the Yokotsuniens that honor Yoko with their confidence, without which she cannot live… Thank you for the respect which surround my efforts to create it's adventures…

If the motivation remains intact, the time is ticking, it reduces from day to day, the years passing by too quickly (38 years already to the service of Yoko and of its readers).

I don't quit, but ask the amateurs and especially the collectors, for that the number of autographs has more value than this than they represent, to not more send books to my office to beg for a drawing…

Some keep, others are at their sixth sending (one notes all) and a growing minority sees that the recovery of a collection or a sold one on e-bay not to talk of the system at all. As to the merchants of the originals (offered or diverted) i have nothing to yield...

Clearly, I limit myself henceforth to sign the albums from my office…

Yoko must live its new adventures and all which is adjoining I'll be shielding… No presence to the festivals or expositions in the original person, as far as I do not control the participations wheremidst Yoko will be presented…

Certain comic book adults don't show respect for their heroins, with which I surround Yoko, to whom that I am wish to keep its character "all publics" …

Authors such as Hergé (of which I have been one of the assistants during 15 years and that I have seen growing from day day)… personalities such as Franquin, Peyo, Roba, Morris, Tillieux, Jacobs, Uderzo.. (to cite only them) I have learned that one can be passionate and can passionate without erotic sillyness and pointless violence…

If certain authors refuse themselves to let live on, in their heart, the child that they were and imagine themselves that their audacities will raise the level of the literature, let them dream…

Someone said: "What is the point to man to win the universe, if it comes to lose his soul" …

I always knew to preserve my dreams as a child and testify through the humanism of Yoko… This is not a virtue, but a code of conduct not to offer to the children of others of which I do not desire to see read by mine…

I strive to finish the album 25 "The Devil's Servant" as fast as possible, because I have well advanced in the subject for the 26 … thank you, for your confidence, for me there to help …

What 2009 be for you without concerns and a lot of happiness!

Roger Leloup"

(any further corrections are welcome)

Edité dimanche 04 janvier 2009 : 23:55 par jaro

Edité lundi 05 janvier 2009 : 00:11 par jaro

Edité lundi 05 janvier 2009 : 00:20 par jaro

Citation
Cherrydean
(@cherrydean)
Membre Moderator

There are some things that can be corrected, but I'll come back answering you later, since I'm quite busy right now.

Deux roses sur une branche... la première se fana et mourut... l'autre n'y survécut...

RépondreCitation
Luinsar
(@luinsar)
Eminent Member

(Hope you don't mind if I picked that one up Cherrydean - but it's my shtick after all, and that way I can contribute something to this site!)

----------------------------------------------------

A few decisions for 2009

Thank you to all the Yokotsunians who honour Yoko with their trust, without which she cannot live… Thank you for the respect you show my efforts to create her adventures… If the motivation remains intact, the time available on the other hand is in ever smaller supply as the years go by too quickly (38 years already in service of Yoko and her readers)… I am not throwing in the towel, quite the contrary; but I must ask the fans and even more the collectors, for whom the number of autographs counts for more than what they represent, not to spontaneously send me books to beg for a drawing… Some keep it, others are already on their 6th package (one keeps notes) and a growing minority only see the added value to a collection or the re-selling on eBay, to mention only that particula system… As for the ‘originals’ merchants (open or camouflaged) I have nothing to give away…

In other words I will from now on limit myself to signing those spontaneously sent albums…

Yoko must have her new adventures and everything peripheral to that goal is taking me away from it… No attendance at festivals or expositions in the form of original material, especially since I have no control over the surroundings in which Yoko would be presented… Some adult BDs do not show their heroines the respect I give Yoko, whose ‘all public’ aspect I intend to keep… Authors like Herge (to whom I was an assistant for 15 years and whose day to day life I saw)… Personalities like Franquin, Peyo, Roba, Tillieux, Jacobs, Uderzo (to name but a few) have taught me that it is possible to fascinate and be fascinated without the need for idiotic eroticism or gratuitous violence…

If some authors refuse to remain, inside their hearts, the child they were, and figure that their daring will raise them to the level of literature, let them dream… Someone said: “What good is it for a man to have the universe, if he is to lose his soul”… I’ve always succeeded in keeping my dreams that of a child’s and to show it through Yoko’s humanism… It is not a virtue, but a choice of action, to offer not to other people’s children what I do not want to see read by mine…

I am endeavouring to finish book 25 “The Devil’s Servant” soonest, as I have the topic for 26 well advanced… Thank you for, with your trust, helping me do so…

May 2009 be worry-less and full of joy to you!

Roger Leloup

----------------------------------------------------------

RépondreCitation
Cherrydean
(@cherrydean)
Membre Moderator

Thanks a lot Luinsar. I certainly don't mind. You did better thant I would have done anyway and I'm always quite happy to have some help on the site.

Deux roses sur une branche... la première se fana et mourut... l'autre n'y survécut...

RépondreCitation
Share: